Tuesday, May 18, 2010

The weekend

I hope that everyone had a wonderful weekend. Mine was busy but super fun. Friday was a lazy night I had dinner with a wonderful family that I have known for about
4 1/2 years and then I came home and watched my recorded shows for the week and went to bed early. Saturday was great I got to sleep in, I slept in a bit longer than I was supposed to though haha so I ended up being late to the pancake breakfast that I was supposed to be helping out with for a good friend of mine and her church (oopsie haha)I made it just in time for clean up duty so I stayed and helped clean and she talked me into buying a "s'mores wizard" cause it was only a dollar. So now I have this little s'more thingy that actually lets you roast the marshmallows. so maybe this summer I can have friends over and we can make yummy s'mores on my back porch.ha.

Sunday was by far the best day of my weekend. I went to church and we had a great message I think I have mentioned before that we are doing a sermon series on the book of James and our message this Sunday was on faith without works, and basically James is saying yea you can say that you have Faith in the one true God but what are you going to do about it how are you going to show that faith to others. It was a great and challenging message. After church my friend Sara and I were supposed to go to a concert but her dad called her late Saturday night and said that him and her mom were heading to Niles Michigan (which it about 2 hour drive east of Chicago.) to celebrate her youngest sister Julia's birthday so she asked me if I would like to go and of course I said yes. It gave me a great excuse to get out of the city and to take in a bit of my home state :) I even have some ties to Niles as my home church has a summer camp just outside of Niles in Cassopolis Michigan,but any who we drove out to Niles for the day after church and had a great time Julia and her husband Matt have a cute little ranch out there on a great deal of land so we got to go out and get a little "hike" in out on their property and just sit outside and take in the beauty of nature actual trees and grass, and breath "fresh air" haha none of that icky Chicago air ha.

We got back from Niles around 10:30 and I got to bed so I could be up and at em Monday morning. So now its back to the work week,back to classes and rehearsals for my show and helping to launch a theater company and so on...haha oh my life is a crazy one but so far its a good one hehe.



No comments:

Post a Comment