Friday, May 21, 2010

Chicago in the flesh, but Ann Arbor in the heart

This weeks show us your life over at Kelly's Korner is: Show us your hometown. This was hard for me because I currently live in Chicago, IL but I am from Ann Arbor, MI and I LOVE both of these places so I am gonna show ya both :)

I have lived in Chicago for about 6 1/2 years now. I came to Chicago to go to college and loved it so much I stayed. There is always something to do and I am gonna show you some of my favorite things to do and some of my favorite places to go



One of my favorite places to go is millennium park,there is something to do there all year round. There are concerts there in the summer almost daily and I love to sit and watch all the kids play in the fun fountain (that spits at you haha)





I also love to go ice skating there in the winter. Millennium park is just a blast!



And I cant go a summer without going to the beach! I love going to the beach on the Michigan side and Chicago side of lake Michigan





I love to eat and Chicago is a great place to do this ha. We have sooooo many great restaurants and whole neighborhoods devoted to great yummy cuisine. Some of my favorite places to go are Greek town for some yummy Greek food and delicious sangria, Little Italy. need I say more ha, China Town,and Devon st. for yummy Indian food!!! We also have a whole festival devoted to the many different kinds of cuisine offered here in Chicago, the taste of Chicago is one of my most favorite summer festivals/events.



If I want to enjoy a mostly social sporting event I head up to the North side to take in a Cubs game haha dont hate me cub's fans but its true but if I really want to watch a good baseball game I head down to the south side for a white sox game. And I try to get to the United Center every once in a while to see my home town boys the Detroit Pistons take on the Chicago Bulls.

Well that's just a little peak into Chicago, so lets head over to Ann Arbor the hometown I love so much!




This is easily my favorite place in Ann Arbor.



Oh how I LOVE the BIG HOUSE!!!! Many happy times spent here!! There is a great place called Kerrytown in Ann Arbor that has a great farmers market that my mom,sister and I went to all the time and is also where one of my most favorite places to eat is
Zingermans deli mmmmmmm haha. I told you I LOVE to eat haha I don't know how I am not 1,000 pounds HA.





For a good concert,live theater show or the yearly trip to see the nutcracker we head over the the power center. and Ann Arbor would not be complete without the Art Fair or 'the top of the park' which are not necessarily places more like festivals/events but are essential to Ann Arbor and one of the many reasons why I love it sooo much!





Thanks for coming along with me to two of my most favorite places,I hope that you enjoyed it and hope you go visit someday! :)

1 comment:

  1. I went to Chicago on a choir tour in highschool and LOVED it. I would love to go back. I have never been to Ann Arbor, but I've heard so many great things about it. It's on my "someday" list. ;)

    ReplyDelete