Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Come Home

In my last post I talked a little about the band Luminate and how much I love their worshipful hearts and their worship-filled music.So today I just wanted to take the time and share with you one of my favorite songs by Luminate. The song is called "Come Home"

Your best friends with the word regret

Your afraid that your life's been waisted
So why hope if it's only gonna let you down?
You don't think people really change
Your a mess and you'll always be the same
And you doubt if you'll ever get it turned around
Chorus
So (I know) you've been running, searching for something
But you're looking in a place you don't belong
But it's never to late, you can't outrun grace
No, Mercy doesn't care what you've done
Come Home
(Oh, Oh, Oh Oh)
Come Home
(Oh, Oh, Oh Oh)
Verse 2
You can try to fix your broken empire
Put bricks on a cracked foundation
But you'll be building castles on the sand
There's power in the blood of Jesus
Your father's screaming Just Come Home!
He's reaching out His hands
Bridge
From the shadows , From the wrong roads
From the darkness, From the unknown
To redemption, Something beautiful
To a new love, to new home

I just LOVE this song. It reminds me that in those times when I get lost and caught up in things that I need not be my heavenly Father is there just crying out to me,calling me back home to him. It reminds me where my focus needs to be, always on him because if its not I fall and I sink. It also reminds me that his strength is made prefect in my weakness, in those times when I feel like I cant do something I need to step back and remember yes I cant do this but my Father in Heaven you bet your butt he can!

I hope you will take a moment and listen to this song. I know it will speak to your heart because we have all had those times in life where we wonder away from God be it in little ways of BIG ways,but whatever the case may be we have wondered and he is calling us back to him, back HOME!
A little extra bonus video I want to share with you this is the lead singer of Luminate talking about the meaning behind this amazing song:



Breanna-

No comments:

Post a Comment