Thursday, June 3, 2010

It's official, summer is here to stay!

Finally summer has entered the building to stay! Gone are the days of the summer weather making a one or two day guest appearance to tease us and then letting winter take hold again. We have been in the 70's and 80's now for a steady 2to3 weeks. I am thrilled to have summer here to stay and excited to get my summer fun plans going.

Memorial day weekend was an awesome start to the summer fun season. Saturday the pool opened and some friends and I took full advantage of that and swam our little hearts out, and when we got too cold we hopped over to the hot tub and then once we were warmed up we hopped right back over to the pool.

Sunday was another amazing day of course I went to church and had a great time of worship and time to reflect on what the memorial day holiday is all about,being thankful for all of our wonderful service men and women because without them and the call that God put on their hearts to fight for our country and protect this country I would not be able to even be in church praising my God,and I would not be able to enjoy my weekend filled with pools,beaches and fun. Speaking of beaches after a great service a friend and I took the weekend partay to the beach! It was an absolutely great day for it and the beach was packed with tons of people and families out having a great time and enjoying each other.

Of course Monday was another great day. I had a lazy morning around the house with the four legged kid.we just lounged on the couch and watched a movie and relaxed.Most of the morning Monday was rainy out so it wasn't hard to to lounge and relax. Once the rain calmed though friends and I went to see the Sex and the City movie which was great fun. Then we got dinner and came back to my apartment and watched our hometown boys the Chicago blakhawks take down the Philadelphia flyers in game two of the stanley cup playoffs.

All in all it was a great weekend full of fun and I am always grateful for ling weekends because that means a shorter work week haha! I hope you all have a good rest of the week and a great weekend


No comments:

Post a Comment