Sunday, June 20, 2010

I'm Alive and kicking

Wow it's been quite a while since my last post I have been a busy little bee with rehearsals and lots of things going on with church and such. Where do I even begin haha. Well this past week was the last week of school for me and summer projects will begin the week after next, so next week and plan I enjoy a fairly low key week with just rehearsals at night and tons of hangage with good friends.

The past two weeks have been filled with tons of fun and wonderful events. Two Saturdays ago some close friends had a graduation party for their daughter Natalie. She just finished her senior year and Whitney Young High School on of the top high schools here in Chicago Michelle Obama's alma mater along with many others. Natalie will be going off to Grinell in the fall, I am so proud of her and all of her wonderful accomplishments and I am praying that she has a wonderful and enriched college experience but remembers who she is and who she belongs to, the Most High God!

This weekend I had some great things going on as well for sure the high light was being able to celebrate the quinceanera of a wonderful young lady who goes to my church. This was my very first experience with attending a quineanera ceremony but from what I understand the ceremony does have a faith based component to it but the way that they did Selena's ceremony was amazing! It had all of the traditional aspects of a ceremony but the main focus of Selena's ceremony was her vow to remain pure until marriage the ceremony was a public declaration of her promise to God to stay pure until marriage and live for him. The ceremony was so touching, after the presentation of her purity ring there were many people who had major influence in her life other than her parents that came and prayer for her but the one that got was her older brother! He just has sooooo much love and adoration for his baby sister and to hear him praying for her and the love and tenderness just touched my heart! And of course her Dad praying over his daughter was so touching as well :)

The ceremony was amazing and the reception afterwards was super fun I learned how to dance salsa and bachata and tore it up on the dance floor haha. well maybe not but I had tons of fun.

I am so proud of Selena and the young lady she is becoming she is such a wonderful and amazing little lady and she is such a blessing to her parents and her friends and all those that come in contact with her!

Saturday and Sunday were fun filled days as well Saturday I went to a festival held on the south side of Chicago that is to raise awareness for various causes for social justice and promote love and an understanding of people to help end the violence in our communities. It was great fun for all ages all day and great concerts including some big names like Mos Def and it was all free! my favorite price haha. Sunday of course I went to church and our pastor had a great message for fathers and men in general it was so powerful and then trying to keep up with my Sunday ritual some friends and I went to the beach after church and just relaxed by the water and hung out it was GREAT!

Now I get to enjoy a great quite week yippee! I hope that all is well with all of you and that you all have a great week!!


No comments:

Post a Comment